Kennewick, Washington, has many attractions for all visitors. From historic finds to sports to the rolling hills filled with various crops, visitors can explore all the city has to offer. For a day trip, we suggest:
- The Clover Island Lighthouse was built in 2010 as a destination for visitors to walk, fish, bike and boat along the Columbia River.
- Columbia Park is famous for being the discovery site of the Kennewick Man, one of the most complete ancient skeletons ever found. This park has many trails and ponds, as well as a golf course and a splash park. Activities are held throughout the year, including train rides and hydroplane racing.
- The Toyota Center hosts two different sports teams: the Tri-City Americans junior ice hockey team and the Tri-Cities Fever arena football team.
- The Tri-Cities Visitors and Convention Bureau holds information on activities, accommodations, events, shopping and dining in the tri-state area.
- The Benton Franklin Fair and Rodeo takes place annually and features a rodeo. Visitors can ride carnival rides, see 4-H exhibits, see the animals and attend events throughout the week.